The Sound Description Interchange Format (SDIF) is an established standard for the well-defined and extensible interchange of a variety of sound descriptions including spectral, sinusoidal, time-domain, and higher-level models. SDIF consists of a basic data format framework and an extensible set of standard sound descriptions. The SDIF standard has been created in collaboration by Ircam, CNMAT, and MTG-UPF.
- sdif @ ircam.fr (for users) usage, discussion, announcements
- sdif-devel (for developers) discussions about developing the SDIF libary and tools
- sdif-cvs (for developers) CVS-logs of changes to the code base (HINT: subscribe with your sourceforge member e-mail)
SDIF Sound Description Types
- Standard SDIF Description Types
- CNMAT's specification of basic frame and matrix types
- SDIF Type Grafitti Wall: Leave a tag here of what types you defined for your own application, maybe someone else needs the same thing and it could become a standard.